Sunday, November 15, 2015

Celebrate Fall, Y'all!


It's easy to swing into fall mode in the north woods.
The days are clear and night comes early.
It's time to cuddle in and cozy up inside now.

An uncomplicated tablescape was put together for dinner with our best, best friends.
The warm glow of our friendship can scarcely
compete with the glow from the fireplace.

Fall conjures up many memories for Todd and Kim with the dogs in the field.
Now it means pheasant feather placemats to these wives of bird hunters. 
Aren't they spectacular?  

The persimmon colored dishes are
paired with amber Artland Iris stemware and amber flatware
to accent the singing colors of autumn in the Crate and Barrel tablecloth.


The vintage Bordallo Pinheiro leaf plates were found at a consignment shop a couple
of years ago.  Loved them, but had nothing to go with them, so they 
patiently sat on the shelf until I found the persimmon colored plates. 

They were first used for a fall girls' luncheon last year.

Then, I happened upon the Bordallo Pinheiro chargers in the same color.
Exactly why I pick up things I love, knowing I'll find something to
go with it, even if it means waiting.

Cute acorn salt and pepper for this easy tablescape and casual meal.

Sneak peek

I purchased the placemats a few years ago, and have been 
searching for pheasant plates ever since. 
Kimberly gave me 6 of these dinner plates for my birthday!
It would seem that another dinner party will be on the books very soon.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty dishes and perfect for celebrating Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty combination with the pheasant feather placemats and the pheasant dishes. What a wonderful gift to receive those dishes! I bought myself a set of pheasant salad plates after the holidays last year from Pottery Barn, they are a treasure. Thank you so much for sharing over at Celebrate it Sunday. I hope you stop by the new party, Celebrate Your Story that opens at 8PM EST on Saturday. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous plate stacking. Your table is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete