Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Dinner - Table for 2

Valentine's Day on a Friday night?  Sounds like a perfect excuse avoid the crowds and enjoy a fireside dinner for two.


A little 'lovebird' sits atop the stack of Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage plates.   Didn't want to do the 'typical' red and white heart shaped dishes, so did up red and white a different way.

Red wine hocks and Artland Iris clear bubble water glasses.

Another 'twist' is the paisley tablecloth - intended to use it strictly for Christmas, but liked it for Valentine's Day, too.

If I use my imagination, I can see Valentine's Day hearts in the paisley pattern.


On the menu tonight is king crab legs, courtesy of Costco's Seafood Roadshow

The stack and how we did it.......
Pier One rattan place mats, in red, topped with a Pottery Barn silver charger and Pottery Barn red handled flatware.
White Bordallo cabbage dinner plate.....

and a red Bordallo cabbage salad plate.



Crab wine server is actually a cocktail napkin holder, so it is doing double duty tonight.



Time to go cook for my honey!  Happy Valentine's Day to all of you sweethearts!

In case you're interested:
Tablecloth - Ralph Lauren Caroline Paisley
Napkins - Personal collection
Napkin rings - Personal collection
Rattan placemat - Pier One
Silver charger - Pottery Barn
Dinner and Salad Plates - Bordallo Pinheiro
Red wine hocks - personal collection
White bubble water glasses - Artland Iris
Flatware - Pottery Barn

 

We're joining Alma the Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays

http://thetablescaper.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed seeing this! I like how you used paisley as the background for your table - you are right, imaginative people can see "hearts" in the pattern! Love the multiple-candle holder. So fun to use the "crab-wine-server"! It was great to see another table-for-two at Seasonal Sundays as that is what I did too!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beatiful post, love each incredible and awesome detail! Happy I found your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, I'm glad you found our blog, too! Thanks for stopping by, check back again for new posts!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful tablescape, love the paisley and the red cabbage plates. Sure wish I had a set of these. Don't think I have seen them in red. I can see hearts in the pattern. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, Judy, for the sweet comments. I only have two of the red, they are quite hard to find. But, alot of the fun is in the hunt, so I keep my eyes open for them to pop up sometime. Hope you can find some, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the burgundy!

    Great to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a delightfully romantic table for two. Love the mix of cabbage plates. I have 2 large cabbage plates in the burgundy color and keep thinking I'll find more. ;-)
    Absolutely adore your paisley cloth. I'd use it as often as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimberly and I both have lots and lots of Bordallo cabbage, in many colors, but only these 2 burgundy salad plates. The search continues!

      Delete