Sunday, April 27, 2014

Bunnies in the Cabbage Patch


This cute little guy hopped over to my house from Colorado.  He and the runner were gifts from MIL Barbara for my Easter Tablescape.  Guess that meant she wanted me to host the dinner?  Always happy to entertain, I did just that.

After finding the vintage Bordallo bunny plates at a consignment shop with Kimberly this winter, I was very excited for Easter this year.
The carrot napkin rings were a gift from Kimberly, and as you'll see as we go on, I have many carrot themed gifts from her.  I am not sure why I love the carrot so much.  Maybe it's the orange color, or that carrots mean spring.

LOVE the detail on these plates, and they just begged to sit atop the cabbage chargers!
I found eight of these darling Williams Sonoma salad plates and used them to tie in the blues in the Waverly tablecloth and the green, yellow, and navy Denby dinner napkins.
Hand painted wine goblets pair nicely with the Artland Iris bubbled water glasses.
It's really too bad that this platter was covered with hors d'oeuvres because it's so wonderful.

One of my favorite favorite pieces - this carrot pitcher that Kimberly gave me.  I lovelovelovelove love it.
This is the piece that started EVERYTHING!  MIL Barbara gave it to me for Christmas years ago.  Now I have so much Bordallo cabbage it's crazy. 

Ready for guests to sit down and eat.

The twiggy charger gives me the botanical, earthy vibe I like for my tables....
topped with the Bordallo Pinheiro cabbage 'chop plate' or charger......

dinner plates from Bordallo Pinheiro with Easter bunnies all around.......

salad plates from Williams Sonoma.  Each has a different botanical image.  Just up my alley.



I decided to use these plates because the blue and yellow tied in my springy tablecloth.
Denby linen napkins from England scrunched up in a carrot napkin ring.
Happy hour, just before we sat down to eat.

Our family is not very traditional in the sense that we don't eat our holiday meals at noon.  We eat in the evening.  I thought the sun slanting in and across the table was beautiful.

Dynamite.  Todd's mom makes it every Easter for our ham.  It's frozen orange juice, mustard, and brown sugar.  Yum.

Going through the buffet line.






Fresh strawberry pie for dessert.  It was a wonderful afternoon with family and great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment